Sunday, July 29, 2012

Are You Seeing Your Life Through “Old Story” Glasses?

Change your beliefs to change your life

Are you looking at your life through “old stories” … things that have happened in the past?

This topic came up today because I received a question….

So I wonder what it means that I have had pneumonia for 6 weeks….  Right now I have energy to go to work and then crash.  I tend to get pretty sick in the winter.  I wonder what that means about the law of attraction.  I mean saying I tend to get really sick is about acceptance, rather than denial.  But why do I get so sick?  It really upsets me.

OK — So I do indeed teach … “make peace with what is” and I’m sure that is what my friend is referring to when she states that she has accepted this…. There is a bit of confusion here… and I am soooo glad she emailed … This is why a community of like-minded people can be so important … to help you with this fine tuning…

If this person was in a group with me … I would absolutely tell her to make peace with the illness she was now feeling… I would absolutely say “what is-is” …. You have this thing called pneumonia and making believe it isn’t there (being in denial) does not change the fact that you feel sick …. you feel lack of energy….

When you accept what is …. you open the doorway to re-create.

Accepting what is — means you are no longer questioning it…What does this mean?What was I doing wrong that got me here?What did I do?What does this mean about the law of attraction?

As long as you are trying to figure out what is wrong …. You are in the vibration of “the wrong”!

What is – is …. is making peace with the situation ….
“OK I got this going on … it isn’t going to change in this very moment … but I can start my new path by turning my attention to the moments I do feel better.”

Notice I did not call this pneumonia — I, personally, do not use the doctor’s diagnosis terms … diagnosis come with all sorts of baggage that I don’t want… If I need to go to a doctor …. to get medicine to help ease my symptoms … I will absolutely do that …. And let them call it whatever they choose… I will not personalize any diagnosis.

I hear some people not only use the diagnosis but they totally personalize it …. They say “My cold”  — Do you really want to own a cold?….Or any other diagnosis?

“Old Story” Glasses….

There is a big red flag in this question … and actually within the question is this person’s answer to this “But why do I get so sick?

“I tend to get pretty sick in the winter.”

And …. you have been living that winter after winter after winter! So the law of attraction is absolutely working …. as it is bringing you this belief that you hold onto.

For me….I used to get bronchitis every winter and indeed I did … winter after winter after winter!

This was years ago…. then I started learning about – your thoughts create your life – (we didn’t call it LOA then) … So I started to look at this a bit different …. started to changing my thinking about it.

When I started to feel it coming on I took the herb echinacea and I changed my thinking to “the echinacea was boosting my immune system”  — Lo and behold it worked!!

Was it the echinacea? Well for a long time I believed it was! As I learned more about our thoughts, our brains and how the law of attraction works in our lives… I realized … it was my belief in the echinacea that was boosting my immune system!

I am very happy to say I have not had bronchitis since!

Just 2 weeks ago … I started to feel something in this body…. So I took echinacea! Now I laugh as I do it … as I truly know about the power of my thoughts…. For me it is now a ritual …. it is part of my making peace process and claiming my wellness as I swallow those pills! ;)

99.9% of the time that is all I usually need to do … but last week … there were a few days there…. even taking those pills I was not 100% …. I didn’t have an out right cold (not that I would have claimed that anyways) but I certainly have had days that I had felt a lot better….

What did I do? …. I went out of my way not to claim the illness! I did what I could do …. I rested when I needed to rest and kept my mindset in a good place… I made sure I told myself … “I’m feeling better than I was yesterday … this is on it’s way out … it is not a big deal”

I didn’t try to figure out why this has happened… what is this about…. I just let it be … and let it go…

Let It Be … And Let It Go….

Trying to figure it out …. is keeping it right there with you …. Make peace with it … Let it be… and let it go. Don’t fight it – rest when you need to rest… and focus your attention on when you are feeling better… Talk more about when you are feeling better than when you are not.

6 weeks has a bit of momentum … so be easy about this… Muster up the feelings of feeling better… Focus on the thought that spring is coming and you will be filled with energy to greet it! Keep your thoughts happy … find lots of things to appreciate….

Soften up that statement “I tend to get pretty sick in the winter” ….

Try something like:
“well I do have a history of getting sick in the winter… but it doesn’t have to be like that anymore. Even though this has happened this year… I am actually seeing the belief I have held onto that is bringing it to me…. Now that I know this …  I can let go of this belief. I can start to say – I used to get sick in the winter but that is not going to happen anymore as I am changing that old story!”

When I teach the “Making Peace Process” – part of that process is to be willing to experience the opportunity from the situation …. In this situation … there is indeed a big opportunity … which is uncovering that belief you have held onto that you did not even realize was bringing you the absolute result … just as it was supposed to!

See … law of attraction has indeed been working perfectly … you just didn’t realize that your belief was the vibration that was bringing this to you!

Time to get New Glasses!

We all have things that have happened in our past that have developed into beliefs … These beliefs are vibrations … if you find yourself living something over and over again …. it is because you have a belief … an expectation that this is going to happen in your life.

Change the belief … and you change your now and your future! :)

**************************************

Ellie Walsh Living the Law of Attraction

**************************************

"There are No Mistakes..... Only Discoveries!" TM ~ Ellie Walsh

**************************************

Tagged as: beliefs, change your thoughts change your life, Law of Attraction, old beliefs, vibrations, your past is not your future


View the original article here

No comments: