Sunday, July 29, 2012

Question and Answer Time ….

Post image for Question and Answer Time ….

Let’s look at a question I recently received … I picked this question to share because it contains several questions within it … and hits upon many of the same thoughts I receive from readers.

“I have always been able to call upon things as I imagine them into existence…at least for small things (i.e. hearing a song when I want to hear it, running into a person I wanted to see that day, having someone bring up one of my pre-conceived thoughts for that particular day, etc.) But as far as Long-term goals, I feel as if I lack in areas.

I believe I need to better learn the visualization factor. I can truly see myself doing and/or achieving the things I want at certain times…I just have a really hard time getting in the mood to visualize them every day. You could say it’s a lack of discipline.

I know I am capable of some of the greatest things the world has ever seen, I just don’t know what they are yet. What I have been searching for is guidance to become more disciplined and focused on the things I want. With me it is so easy to get sidetracked from what I want by the thought of how to get there…I know I’m supposed to disregard the how and when, and just know that it’s going to happen, but I still get stuck at that part every time. It’s almost as if only the majority of me really wants to be successful, and the other part could really care less. I want to rid myself of that negative, lazy, skeptical personality trait completely.

I’m not asking anyone to have the answers for me. Alas, if there is any prudent advice out there that I may attain from someone, I would be most grateful to hear any comments or suggestions.”
Thank you for your time,
Tj

This question came in a few days ago… I didn’t answer it right away … because I was vacationing in Puerto Rico and the internet connection had been a bit slow…. Well OK – the connection was slow but also the temps were warm, the sun was shining and I was on the beach!   ;)

But … even with that wonderful weather this question had been calling me since I read it. The reason it calls me is … I believe it sums up many questions I receive …. Many people “get it” – they see the connection of being able to call to themselves certain situations. Mostly they can look back and see there were many times they wanted to hear a song … and poof it is on the radio – or they were just talking about a certain type of car … and whoosh it passes by.

We used to call that “coincidence” but … once you have learned about the Law of Attraction, Universal laws, you realize what these so-called coincidences really are.

Let’s take this question bit by bit … as it holds so many questions and answers within it …

In the first paragraph Tj is aware that those so-called coincidences are really his vibration and the Law of Attraction at work. And in this paragraph he is also aware these coincidences are “not working” for his Long Term Goals….

This is the piece many don’t understand “how we work” …

One time Carol and  I were kayaking on a lake .. we were in an area covered with lilly pads – I said to Carol “Gee I’ve seen frogs on lilly pads on the tv and pictures… but I’ve never personally seen a frog sitting on a lilly pad .. and then we both turned our heads and poof there was a frog sitting pretty on  a lilly pad!

That was truly instant manifestation! Why did it happen so effortlessly and quickly?

Here is where the “how we work” comes in …

I had no ties to this manifestation. It was not important to me …. I was not worried about not seeing a frog on a lilly pad …. I didn’t have any old stories attached to seeing a frog on a lilly pad – Nothing in my belief system said it was not possible for me to see this frog. I didn’t have any fear or doubt or worry attached to this outcome. It was kinda like – Wouldn’t it be nice to see a frog on a lilly pad …. And then I let it go ….

I let it go … because it did not rate vitally important in my brain … and I had no old stories attached to it. When we can look at all of our life situations like that … they will indeed manifest quickly!

But we humans have a tendency …no actually it is a programming of what is and isn’t vitally important. We rate seeing the frog as not important … but making a million dollars or finding our mate as very important. And within that “importance” we have belief systems (what I call old stories) running around that attach worry, fear and doubt on the outcome.

In the second paragraph Tj says: “I believe I need to better learn the visualization factor. I can truly see myself doing and/or achieving the things I want at certain times…I just have a really hard time getting in the mood to visualize them every day. You could say it’s a lack of discipline.”

He is absolutely onto something here …. Though I would not say “lack of discipline” because, for me, those words are too strong..  This discipline he thinks we lack is actually a habit …. We have those “old stories” of fear, worry, doubt and self esteem attached to the things we deem important … And we don’t even realize it. In essence we have attached beliefs, of what can and cannot happen for us, to situations that show up in our lives.

This lack of discipline is indeed a consistency problem.  It isn’t that we aren’t consistent … it is that we are consistently reliving those old stories – old habits of reaction to life. We go through much of our day on auto-pilot – a situation happens – in microseconds our brain scans for a reaction … and we habitually repeat this reaction.

It is a reaction – an action that we do over and over again.

We don’t change those reactions until we become aware that we do indeed have old stories that are running in the background. It’s like background music you aren’t paying much attention … but you are probably humming in your head. We don’t necessarily need to know the old stories .. we just need to pay attention to how we feel and create new stories that feel good! We need to consistently have more awareness in our daily lives … so we can act on the now instead of reacting from the past.

In the third paragraph… my heart sings when Tj acknowledges “I am capable of some of the greatest things the world has ever seen” Indeed you are! We all are … and that thought/feeling comes straight from your inner voice … your inner wisdom! Well actually what your inner being says is “You are the greatest thing the world has ever seen!” – Our programmed brain added in the words that make it sound like it has not yet already happened!

When you can connect with your inner wisdom and make the proclamation that you are already the greatest … you will then be able to show that greatness to the world!

Tip: If you aren’t yet totally comfortable with proclaiming your greatness … use the 3 magic words ‘in the process’ – “I am the greatest the world has ever seen and I am in the process of letting it out into the world”

There is much more in this question … but I will end here for now….and will do a Part 2 in a few days.

Please share if you identify with Tj and his questions … and your comments, questions about this.

Part 2 is now posted: http://livingthelawofattraction.com/loa-blog/question-and-answer-time-part-2/

**************************************

Ellie Walsh Living the Law of Attraction

**************************************

"There are No Mistakes..... Only Discoveries!" TM ~ Ellie Walsh

**************************************

Tagged as: doubt, Fear, greatness, Law of Attraction, manifestation, universal laws, worry


View the original article here

No comments: